WHY NANOFABRICATION FOR QUANTUM TECHNOLOGIES?
Although Quantum Technologies are still at the stage of basic research, it is already time to develop the nanofabrication processes that will enable qubit candidates to become realistic Quantum Technology building blocks. For this reason, this workshop was proposed to adress nanofabrication issues, in the framework of the Helsinki Quantum Technology Flagship meeting
ACCELERATING NANOFABRICATION FOR QUANTUM TECHNOLOGY
Many scientists involved in Quantum Technologies need cleanroom nanofabrication technology to make research demonstrators. EuroNanoLab may help them finding cleanroom(s) that have already developed the technologies they are looking for.
The EuroNanoLab consortium comprises more than 30 open-access academic cleanrooms for basic research and is extending its perimeter regularly. Together, these cleanrooms are covering a large number of nanotechnologies and they offer access to any European scientist, enabling them to find ready-to-use technologies to fulfill their requirements.
The workshop intends:
- to identify key nanofabrication issues for the whole Quantum Technology community (and for any qubit candidate), in order to prioritize the technology research on these topics
- to establish contacts between nanofabrication providers and Quantum Technology users.
WORKSHOP CONTENTS (half a day)
- Brief presentation of the EuroNanoLab fabrication capabilities and services
- Presentation of nanofabrication achievements for Quantum Technologies
- Discussions between Quantum Technology scientists and nanofabrication experts, to identify nanofabrication technologies that should be developed in priority
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The workshop will be organized if there is enough potentially intersted participants.
To express your interest, please use « Pre-registration » on Sciencesconf.org
LIST OF EURONANOLAB NANOFABRICATION CENTERS
- CZECH REPUBLIC: CEITEC Nano (Brno), LNSM at Institute of Physics (Prague)
- FRANCE (Renatech): C2N Paris, FEMTO Besançon, IEMN Lille, LAAS Toulouse, LTM Grenoble
- ITALY (It-fab): CNR-IMM (Bologna, Roma, Lecce, Catania, Napoli & Agrate), CNR-Nanotec, FBK-CMM, PoliFAB (PoliMi) & Inphotec
- NETHERLANDS (NanoLab-NL): AMOLF NanoLab Amsterdam, NanoLab MESA+ UTwente, NanoLab Tu/e Eindhoven, NanoLabs TU Delft, Zernike NanoLab Groningen
- NORWAY (NorFab): MiNaLab SINTEF, MiNaLab UoOslo, MST Lab USN Horten, NTNU NanoLab Trondheim,
- PORTUGAL: INL Braga
- SWEDEN (MyFab): Myfab Chalmers, Myfab KTH, Myfab Lund and Myfab Uppsala
Note: more European cleanrooms intend to join EuroNanoLab soon (from Estonia, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania & Spain).